Quick and Easy Pork Rib Roast
This Quick and Easy Pork Rib Roast is one you need to save! Trust me. I have this on repeat during the winter months because this cut of meat is in stock, reasonably priced and easily feeds my large family of almost 8 (baby does not eat yet). This one ‘pot’ meal is a dinner that looks like it took lots of prep and cooking time but in reality has very little prep and does not take all day to cook. Plus this reheats well so it works great as leftovers too!
What You’ll Need:
Pork Rib Roast
4 carrots – peeled & chopped
4 celery – chopped
1 onion – chopped
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 cloves garlic or 2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Ginger Powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
4 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (optional)
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 C Chicken broth/stock
1 large Casserole Dish or Roasting Pan
Measuring Spoons & Cup
What To Do:
- Open, rinse and pat dry the pork rib roast then set aside.
- Combine the seasoning in bowl then set aside. (Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Ginger Powder, Onion powder, Salt & Pepper).
- Peel and chop carrots, celery and onion. Place in large casserole dish or roasting pan. (dash of salt & pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400f.
5. Place the pork rib roast upside down on top of the vegetables in your large casserole dish or roasting pan.
6. Measure out 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard and cover the one side of the Roast.
7. Add 2 tbsp of the seasoning and coat or spread evenly.
8. Flip and repeat.
9. Measure out 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard and cover the top side of the Roast.
10. Add 2 tbsp of the seasoning or the rest and coat or spread evenly.
11. Add 2 tbsp brown sugar.
12. Spread out the brown sugar.
13. Drizzle on some balsamic glaze and rub evenly on top (optional).
14. Pour in 1/2c chicken broth/stock into bottom of pan.
15. Place in oven at 400f and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (check temperature and cook to (145f to 160f).
It may seem like a lot of steps for a quick and easy recipe but the prep time mainly comes from peeling and cutting your choice of vegetables. I have used several different combinations of vegetables in addition to the basic mix of carrot, celery and onion such as potatoes, mini baby bella mushrooms, bell peppers, etc. I would adjust how many of each vegetable you decide to use especially if you are using more of a variety to not overfill your casserole dish or roasting pan.
Have you made a pork rib roast before? If so, let me know what your favorite way to cook it is. I hope you found this recipe helpful and if you try it please let me know as I would love to hear how it turned out for you!
This looks SO good but also relatively easy! Will be trying!
Hmmmm this recipe makes my mouth water (even though I‘m no longer eat meat 🙈 haha)
That looks delicious! I will have to add it to my list!
This sounds so yummy 🤤 will be trying it soon!
This looks so yummy! Definitely stealing it!!
The real question is, will you come make this for me lol. This looks amazing! I think I’m attempt it here soon